Community Resources for You and Your Family

If you need assistance paying rent, avoiding eviction, facing homelessness, or getting food, the first thing to do is call 211. Or you can visit 211 Online and fill out an application. This United Way service is for all of Metro Atlanta, not just Gwinnett County.

If you are in Gwinnett County and need housing, visit Home First Gwinnett to complete an online application and see which shelters have available beds. Or you can call 770-847-6765.

Click on the plus signs below for additional information.

  • Gwinnett One Stop 4 Help 770-822-8850 (emergency assistance/warming stations)
  • Gwinnett Cares 770-995-3339 (resources for homelessness prevention and links to community resources)
  • Partnership for Community Action 404-929-2500 for families and individuals experiencing homelessness (emergency assistance, rental assistance, hotel help, etc.)
  • Home of Hope 678-546-8770 Gwinnett County shelter for women with children, but no boys older than 13.
  • My Sisters House 404-367-2465 Atlanta shelter for single women without children.
  • House of Dreams 770-765-2698 Transitional housing in Smyrna for single women without children.
  • Michael’s House 770-367-0168. Transitional housing program in Woodstock for women with young children. Provides shelter, meals, employment assistance, financial education classes, and more.
  • Nicholas House 404-622-0793 Family shelter, especially good for families with children who are not school age. Offers rapid-rehousing, supportive housing, and eviction prevention programs.
  • Faith Project 770 733-8859 Offers assistance, housing and recovery for single men who are employed. Provides a bed for $225 a week.
  • Project Share 770-724-1661 Salvation Army financial emergency assistance to individuals and families facing a temporary housing crisis.
  • Interfaith Outreach Home 770-457-3727 Safe, affordable apartments in Doraville for working families experiencing homelessness.
  • Rainbow Village 770-497-1888 Duluth community for families with children who are experiencing homelessness or who are eminently facing homelessness.
  • Motel 2 Home Vincent de Paul program to help individuals and families move from extended-stay motels to stable housing. People who meet the eligibility requirements can fill out an online application. Participants must:
    • Have a child under 18 in the household
    • Currently live in a hotel in Gwinnett County
    • Plan to continue to reside in Gwinnett County
    • Have verifiable income
  • Vincent de Paul 678-892-6163 Assists with housing, transportation, food, clothing, medicine, jobs, government benefits assistance, etc.
  • Overcomers House Rapid Rehousing Assistance 678) 615-7714 Services include a food pantry three times a week.
  • Catholic Charities Atlanta (bilingual) 770-429-2369 Assists with rental assistance and other homeless prevention resources.
  • Lawrenceville Response Center (Impact 46) 678-685-9871 Hotel vouchers, rental assistance, and other resources for Lawrenceville residents. See residency and income qualifications and an application.
  • Living Hope Maternity Home 770-889-8302 For women who are pregnant with no other children.

  • Lawrenceville First Baptist Clothing Mission 770-963-5121
  • Quinn House Thrift Store 770- 962-0470

  • Gwinnett County Senior Services 678-377-4150
  • Disability Link 404-687-8890
  • Creative Enterprises 770-491-9014
  • William Booth Towers 404-875-7495 (operated by Salvation Army)
  • Gwinnett Veterans Resource Center 678-226-9177
  • Hopeworks Atlanta 404-872-0167 Helps adults 60 and older who have low incomes with gas furnaces, water heaters, and weatherization. People served must be Georgia Power or Atlanta Gas Light customers.
  • Home Repair Ministries 404-618-5224. Provides home repairs for Gwinnett County homeowners who plan to say in their home for the next three years. Homeowners must meet income requirements.

  • Georgia Crisis Line 1-800-715-4224
  • Suicide Prevention 1-800-273-8255

  • PADV 24-hour crisis line 404-873-1766
  • liveSAFE Resources 24-hour Crisis Line: 770-427-3390 for persons fleeing domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking
  • Women’s Resource Center 404-688-9436
  • Peace Place 706-387-0100 shelter for people fleeing domestic violence
  • Noor Family Services 470-589-7751 Provides legal services for those in a domestic violence situation

Go to:

Gateway Center
275 Pryor Street, Atlanta, GA 30303
Monday-Friday 9 am – 4 pm

Ask the front desk for a housing assessment.  Assessments are provided on a first-come, first-served basis. This men’s shelter is the designated assessment center for families and all others seeking housing services within Atlanta city limits. They do not accept calls; you must go in person.

Additional access to coordinated entry assessments:

  • First Presbyterian Church: Mondays 12pm – 4pm & 1st and 3rd Sundays 6:30am – 8:30am (outreach only)
  • Atlanta Mission: Tuesdays 8:30am – 3:30pm
  • Crossroads: Wednesdays 8:30am – 3:30pm
  • City of Refuge: 1st and 3rd Fridays 9:00am – 3:00pm
  • Central Outreach: 2nd and 4th Fridays from 9:00am-3:30pm

Youth-specific (ages 18-24):

  • @ Promise Center: Monday & Tuesday:10:00 am- 6:00 pm
  • Lost – N – Found Youth: Wednesdays 10am-5pm
  • CHRIS 180 The Spot:Thursday and Fridays 10am – 6pm

Covenant House of Georgia: Mondays – Fridays 9am – 4pm