Family Promise of Gwinnett’s Promise Haven Program can help low-income families achieve lasting independence by providing shelter, meals, and support services. Through intensive case management, we address the underlying causes of homelessness.
We are taking applications. Please fill out our Assessment Form to see if you are eligible. If you are eligible, we will contact you via email and phone to set up a phone interview.
Families must fill out the Promise Haven Assessment Form to determine eligibility. No walk-in or phone screenings are available. See below the requirements of the program.
- An eligible family is defined as an adult with custody of a child under the age of 18. All applicants must have at least one child under the age of 18 living with them full-time to qualify for services.
- School aged children must be enrolled in Gwinnett County Schools.
- An eligible family must be living in Gwinnett County, own a reliable vehicle, cannot be fleeing domestic violence and able and willing to work. (If you are fleeing domestic violence please contact the Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233.)
- If you meet the above requirements, please fill out the Promise Haven Assessment Form.
- Family Promise of Gwinnett County is a family shelter with a communal living environment. Prior to entering the the program, applicants will undergo a background check and drug test. Any conviction which could pose a danger to the safety of the other children and their families will disqualify a family from acceptance into the program.
- Family must be willing comply with our Guest Contract and Guidelines. We require families to comply with a basic code of conduct and meet specific expectations.