Families we serve must meet the following qualifications:
- The family must call 678-376-8950 to begin a phone screening. No walk-in screenings are available.
- An eligible family is defined as an adult with custody of a child under the age of 18. All applicants must have at least one child under the age of 18 living with them full-time to qualify for services.
- Applicant adults will be drug tested. Because Family Promise of Gwinnett County is a family shelter with a communal living environment, anyone actively using drugs or alcohol will not be considered appropriate for placement.
- Applicant adults will be screened via a background check. Because Family Promise of Gwinnett County is a family shelter with a communal living environment, any conviction which could pose a danger to the safety of the other children and their families will disqualify a family from acceptance into the program.
- After a phone screening, eligible families will be invited for a face to face interview with staff prior to acceptance into the program.