For the Guest
- Safe, homelike shelter where families can stay together.
- Guests cite the caring of volunteers as one of the most important benefits. “I never knew so many people cared,” said several guests.
- Intensive case management by Network Director/Social Worker to assist in finding housing and jobs in meeting other needs.
- On average, 70% of guest families secure permanent housing.
For the Volunteers
- Opportunity to help homeless families directly and to make a difference.
- Opportunity to do outreach within their own house of worship or a nearby location.
- Wide range of volunteer activities to vary schedules and levels of commitment.
- Opportunity for families to volunteer together.
For the Congregations
- Opportunity for outreach (within the congregation’s own facilities) focusing on the needs of people in the community.
- Opportunity for participation in the community interfaith project.
- Increased sense of community among members as they work together in shared effort.
For the Community
- Cost-efficient mobilization of community resources.
- Does not duplicate services already in the community; works with social service agencies to provide counseling, job training, help with housing search, etc.
- Does not institutionalize shelter as a solution to homelessness.
- Becomes a catalyst for other community initiatives such as job counseling, parenting workshops, transitional housing, etc.
© 2010. Family Promise of Gwinnett. All Rights Reserved.